EBSB - PALAMURU UNIVERSITY
Dr. S.N. Arjun kumarNodal Officer
Phone : 9849445877 / 6302891035
EK BHARAT SHRESHTHA BHARAT (EBSB): India is a unique nation, whose fabric has been woven by diverse linguistic, cultural and religious threads, held together into a composite national identity by a rich history of cultural evolution, coupled with a rousing freedom struggle that was built around the tenets of non-violence and justice. The spirit of mutual understanding amidst a shared history has enabled a special unity in diversity, which stands out as a tall flame of nationhood that needs to be nourished and cherished into the future.Time and technology have narrowed down distances in terms of connect and communication. In an era that facilitates mobility and outreach, it is important to establish cultural exchanges between people of different regions, as a means to further human bonding and a common approach to nation-building. Mutual understanding and trust are the foundations of India's strength and all citizens should feel culturally integrated in all corners of India. Students from the north-east, for example, should not feel like 'strangers in a strange land' when they arrive in Delhi. The idea of a sustained and structured cultural connect between denizens of different regions was mooted by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi during the Rashtriya Ekta Divas held on 31st October, 2015, to commemorate the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
Objectives of the EBSB
- To CELEBRATE the Unity in Diversity of our Nation and to maintain and strengthen the fabric of traditionally existing emotional bonds between the people of our Country
- To PROMOTE the spirit of national integration through a deep and structured engagement between all Indian States and Union Territories through a year-long planned engagement between States
- To SHOWCASE the rich heritage and culture, customs and traditions of either State for enabling people to understand and appreciate the diversity that is India, thus fostering a sense of common identity
- TO ESTABLISH long-term engagements
- TO CREATE an environment which promotes learning between States by sharing best practices and experiences.
Key Themes for Interaction
- To celebrate the idea of India as a nation wherein different cultural units across varied geographies coalesce and interact with each other, this glorious manifestation of diverse cuisine, music, dance, theatre, movies & films, handicrafts, sports, literature, festivals, painting, sculpture etc. will enable people to imbibe the innate chord of binding and brotherhood.
- To make our people aware about the seamless integral hull of the Modern Indian State spread across a vast landmass on whose firm foundations, the geo-political strength of the country is ensured to benefit one and all.
- To impress upon people at large about the increasing inter-connectedness between the constituents of various cultures and traditions, which is so vital for the spirit of nation building.
- To induce a sense of responsibility & ownership for the nation as a whole through these close cross-cultural interactions as it intends to build up the inter-dependence matrix unequivocally
Palamuru University - EBSB CELL conducting the various activities for the students of the University.
Activities conducted under EBSB are :
- UNIVERSITY CAMPUS LEVEL QUIZ COMPETITION on 11th March 2020
- UNIVERSITY CAMPUS LEVEL POSTER AND ESSAYWRITING COMPETITION on 3rd April, 2020
- National Level Online Quiz on "Covid 19 awareness and precautions after lockdown" on 25th May, 2020
- State Level Online Quiz on "Telangana - Haryana state cultural awareness" on 28th May, 2020
- UNIVERISTY LEVEL ONLINE SINGING COMPETITION - MERI AWAZ SUNO - on 04th June, 2020
- National Level Online Quiz on YOGA on 19th June, 2020
- National Webinar on "Yoga and Meditation - A true radiance to overcome covid 19 pandemic" on 23rd June, 2020