Research is the foundation of knowledge that brings new energy, builds state of the art facilities, promotes research publications, develops collaborations and becomes part of active community that shares the mission objectives. Taking these into considerations, following Research Policy is formulated.
The purpose of the Research Policy is to create a vibrant atmosphere of research among faculty and researchers in Palamuru University. The policy shall serve as an overall framework within which research activities may be carried out.
This is a University wide Research Policy. It is implementable in all campuses and Colleges of Palamuru University of Telangana State in India.
- To create an enabling environment in Palamuru University in order to foster a research culture as well as provide required support through research framework and guidelines.
- To ensure high level of efficient and effective support system to facilitate faculty and researchers in their research activities.
- Ensure publications in quality journals, indexed in Scopus/Web of Science and/or with impact factor.
- To nurture an environment of undertaking socially useful research with potential for commercialization.
- Establish Research Centres within Palamuru University with potential for Excellence.
- Forge interdisciplinary collaborations and partnerships nationally and globally.
Custodian of Policy
The implementation and updating of Research Policy shall be carried out by the Research Advisory Committee of Palamuru University to be constituted under the Chairmanship of Vice-Chancellor.
Policy and Guidelines
Faculty members of Palamuru University and research departments are expected to undertake research, leading to quality publications, presentations in National/International conferences of repute, generation of Intellectual property with potential for commercialization, socially useful outcome and other similar research activity.
Obligations of faculty and researchers (including post graduate researchers)
Research output will be considered one of the criteria for faculty recruitment and promotion along with other academic responsibilities.
Overall management of research activities may be coordinated by the Proposed Research Advisory Committee under direct supervision of Vice Chancellor.