Faculties at Palamuru University
Palamuru University has established 4 different Faculties and is composed of different departments or disciplines, in order to offer courses in various subjects with ability and effectively. These courses have stipulated period of course of study/learning to get graduated in particular branch of discipline, after undergoing scheme of instruction, training and evaluation. It is headed by a senior most faculty member of the comprehensive branches of the discipline of the faculty known as Dean of the Faculty. It is a statutory position of the University and appointed on rotation basis by the Executive Council/Syndicate of the University in exercise of the powers conferred by ordinance XXVII of University Statues and Ordinances. Initially the term of Dean was for 3 Years, subsequently reduced to 2 Years.
|S.NO||FACULTY NAME||NAME OF THE DEAN|
|1||Faculty of Sciences||Prof. U. Umesh Kumar, Professor of Chemistry, Osmania University, Hyderabad.|
|2||Faculty of Commerce and Business Management||Prof. D. Chennappa , Professor of Commerce, Osmania University, Hyderabad.|
|3||Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences||Prof.T.Krishna Rao, Professor of Philosophy. Osmania University, Hyderabad.|
|4||Faculty of Pharmacy||Prof. M.Ajitha Professor of Pharmacy, J.N.T.U. Hyderabad.|
|5||Faculty of Education||Prof. A. Ramakrishna, Professor of Education, Osmania University, Hyderabad.|
Functions of the Faculty
- Regular Interaction with the members of the Faculty on matters related academic and research activities.
- Strengthening the role and involvement of Departmental Research Committees.
- Conduct of Research Methodology Workshops.
- Frames Admission Rules for Ph.D., Programs.
- Recognition of Supervisors for Ph.D., Programs on the recommendation of Departmental Research Committees.
- Allocation of Research Grants to the Departments. Maintain the records of enrolment of Research Scholars.
- Monitor the Progress of the Ph.D., Students.
- Publication of Research Journals.
- Forwards Application of faculty members for Duty Leave on Academic and Research Pursuits.
- Updating the syllabus in association with Boards of Studies concerned.
- Promoting Interdisciplinary Studies.
- Conducts affiliation inspections in association with Directorate of Academic Audit on behalf of the University.
- Preparation of Almanac for the programs offered under the Faculty.
- Represents the Standing Committee of Academic Council / Senate.